How to change your Apple ID email address.
February 19, 2021
Apple does a great job at securing all information you store with them. However, every once in a while, an account does get hacked. You might notice your account has been compromised if you receive an electronic notification receipt from Apple for something you did not purchase. The best course of action at this point is to either change your email password or use an entirely different email address.
You may also want to change your Apple ID email if you decide to stop using the email associated with your account. Fortunately, you can make the change easily without compromising any of your stored music, games, or other types of data.
Here’s what you do:
– Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
– Under “Account,” click on “Edit.”
– Click on “Change Apple ID.”
– Enter the email address you now want to use and click “Continue.”
– If you change your Apple ID to a third-party email address, you will receive a confirmation request delivered to your newly assigned address.
– Enter the code when prompted.
– If you do not receive a code, be sure to check your SPAM folder.
– If you try to change your Apple ID to an @icloud.com email address within 30 days of creating the account, you will be asked to try again at a later date.
– If your Apple ID is a phone number, you cannot change it to an email address, but you can change it to a different phone number.
If you are still having problems after trying the steps above, try sending a note to the new email address to make sure it is working. If you receive the note but not the Apple confirmation code, you may need to contact your email provider to see if they can help.
Still have questions? Concerns? Problems? Come see us at Cell Phone Zone. If there is an issue with your phone or tablet, we can diagnose and fix it for you. We’ll be happy to do whatever we can to help you get the most out of your device.